Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy 8th Anniversary to Court



Court, 

It was almost 12 years ago that I was first attracted to you. It was not your looks that first attracted me to you, seeing as how I only knew you from our frequent midnight games of ultimate Frisbee. I was first attracted to your mad skills. Together we won many a game. It was purely a bonus that later I would find out you were awesomely attractive too! However, these thing were not what clinched it in my mind that I could spend eternity with you. What sealed the deal was the charity and selflessness you displayed over and over in our courtship (and your ability to put up with me). To this day you never cease to amaze me.

Before I left for Russia to serve God and those people, I told you that if you were still around when I got back I could marry you. Apparently, you felt similarly because shortly after I returned we were married. It has been an incredible 8 years. Thanks for laughing at my dumb humor, for loving me for me, for being the terrific wife and mother that you are, for continuing to be a great example of charity and selflessness and finally for reminding me of the great choice I made to marry you 8 years ago. 

I love you!

Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment